[kictanet] KIXP reaches 1Gbps of traffic

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 10:37:10 EAT 2011

Mich,

I like ;-)

But as Francis says, plse put it in perspective by comparing with the previous years (or give us the url for the graphs we do the comparisons ourselves).

Also, throw in the ratio between Local vs International traffic over the years since 1G local traffic is good but compared to 20G International traffic (CCK May2011 report?) may imply we might still have some time to go. In layman terms this means that we are Net IMPORTERS of content and EXPORT very little content. Put differently very few chaps out there are interested in our content down here (coz it doesnt exist - even our very own trace route to nation.co.ke hosts abroad...)

...a good target would be to work towards 50:50 ratio of local to international traffic or 20G local and 20G international...all the said and done.  Keep it up KIXP.

walu.