[kictanet] Open Data - Where does it sit?

Josiah Mugambi jmugambi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:07:56 EAT 2011

Hi,

This is quite a major step made, a first for Africa and unheard of in many
places worldwide, so first congratulations!

I'm curious about whether the actual raw data will (at some point) be
available for analysis offline. I could be wrong but I haven't been able to
get it. I know the world bank website has tons of raw(ish) data downloadable
as well.

I think there was also mention of having such data available via mobile. I
guess this is one of those areas where developers should get cracking (if
not already) and get some mobile apps out there.

More comments as I sift through what's available (thinking - the half full
glass).
--
Josiah Mugambi