[kictanet] Open Data - Where does it sit?- its just the beginning.

aki aki275 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:14:17 EAT 2011

@Walu, thank you for raising the political aspect and importance of having
the data locally hosted.

Which brings me to the next level of the data cloud and facilties. What has
the Govt done to increase creativity and awareness to stir interests for
locally based generation, testing and implementations of e.g. Voting system
such that any errors can be electronically picked up? This is a unique area
that could benefit from local software systems development to a rollout that
matches large implementations in data centres usage with high capacity
links. Now we have 3 sectors involved in just one creative project = Kenyan
software developer companies, Data Centres Operators and Telcos coming
together to form a very powerful system.

I believe Govt will always be key in pushing and developing for more better
ways to implement e.g. public services. I've not read anywhere of the Voting
Process initiatives or has the processes already been handed out?

Corrections are welcome.

Thank you.