[kictanet] CCK Statistics - is this correct?

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:13:33 EAT 2011

I have just been looking at the recent CCK Sector Stats report

http://www.cck.go.ke/resc/statistics/SECTOR_STATISTICS_REPORT_Q2_2010-11_x2x_x3x_x2x.pdf

With reference to internet connections as given on page 16 of that report,
it shows a HUGE decline (-54.3%) in fibre connections between two quarters
from 8, 369 to 3,824.    I gather fibre cuts have plagued operators but they
have nonetheless been forging ahead laying fibre (metro fibre mainly) for
residential and business use.

Is this correct?   Perhaps someone from CCK can clarify?   Maybe operators
themselves can validate/refute this?

--
Francis Hook
+254 733 504561