[kictanet] Kenya IGF 2011 List Discussions Day 4 Cloud Computing

lordmwesh lordmwesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:22:45 EAT 2011

1. Is Kenya government cloud computing hosted in Kenya or it is hosted in
the West?
2. How can we compete with giant server farms in US and Europe if our power
costs is very high? A single server farm in the US of 450,00 servers can
consume in the region of 20megawatts of power. With Kengen having a capacity
of 700MW, can we cope with such huge demand? Can we even afford the cost of
the power bearing in mind the huge cost!
3. Germany is moving out of nuclear energy by 2022, then they will graduate
to other affordable renewable energy. Is it time for Kenya to invested in
nuclear energy to reach mid level economic status? That way, we will reduce
the cost of energy, while growing the economy.

Mwendwa
--
twitter.com/lordmwesh