[kictanet] Local Content Perception survey

dmbuvi at gmail.com dmbuvi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:39:32 EAT 2011

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
online:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGxnQkdyVktKUnJBMkFPUTc2Qm1IU2c6MQ

Local Content Perception survey

I, Dennis Mbuvi will be part of a panel at the upcoming AITEC Broadcast and
Film Africa (BFA) [http://www.aitecafrica.com/event/view/71] conference. I
will be discussing challenges facing content producers in Africa. I would
like to collect your views on locally produced content, especially your
commercial perspective. The questions below are all optional, but please
assist by answering as much as you can. The survey covers digital content
ie movies, music, animations, electronic books.

Would you buy any locally produced content - music, video
(movies,animation), literature Local Content refers to local music, local
movies and local ebooks

Yes
No

Have you ever bought any locally produced digital content?

Yes
No

If you have purchased locally produced content, how much of it have you
purchased in total

1 copy
1 - 5 copies
5 - 10 copies
more than 10 copies

At what price would you be comfortable purchasing locally produced music
at? eg Kshs 50, Kshs 100, Kshs 500

At what price would you be comfortable purchasing locally produced video
content at? eg Kshs 50, Kshs 100, Kshs 500

How would you rate the majority of locally produced content?

High
Average
Below Average

Do you believe content producers are doing enough to market their content
in Africa? Why do you say so?

Any additional remarks on locally produced content