[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Kenya IGF 2011 List Discussions Day 4 Cloud Computing

Joe Murithi Njeru joe.njeru at zilojo.com
Mon Jul 4 21:48:59 EAT 2011

Hello Barack,

As a private sector entrepreneur, I think Govt's role (when it comes it
Cloud Computing) should deal with the following:

1. Data Protection & Privacy Laws / Standards

2. Enabling Environment
	- Physical Infrastructure like roads, water etc
	- Streamlined and corruption free judicial & police systems
	- Simplified licensing & Tax regime (Double Tax Treaties with cloud
node countries)
	- Tax incentives for server farms that want to set-up in marginal areas
(Income tax rebates, VAT/Withholding tax exemptions)
	- Tax incentives for renewable power development & favourable pricing
for resale to the national grid.
	- Guaranteed business from Govt should the firms set up for atleast 5
years (Buy Local Build Local)

3. Marketing & Promotion through support to private sector driven
marketing campaigns

4. No meddling beyond this. We'll create the jobs and pay the taxes.
Keep politics out of the sector. We can always move ...