[kictanet] Internet prices in countries without submarine fiber

Anthony Nderu anthony.nderu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:57:06 EAT 2011

I agree with John,  we do not need to compare ourselves with countries where
we are not economically comparable. Kenya is about to be a big IT player in
Africa. Comparing our prices to Burundi does not help in making us
understand the focus on cost. Lets get into the root cause of why prices are
reasonable/ not reasonable .

Burundi is 20 years behind Kenya.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:45 AM, John Kieti <jkieti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys, it is useful to note the prices in Burundi.
>
> It is also useful to note that we are to benchmark our successes against
> the global successes and not our good peers in the 'under developed' world.
> For instance consider that until 2009 it cost USD 5,000 monthly for an
> internet link in Nairobi comparable to an average link in European urban
> households - see http://goo.gl/FUQM6
>
> Best regards
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Brian Munyao Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Just in case some people might be complaining about their internet prices
>> in Kenya! These are the prices in Burundi.
>>
>> 128k shared :     128 Usd
>> 128k dedicated : 375 Usd
>> 256k shared :      200 Usd
>> 256k dedicated : 725 Usd
>>

>> Mblayo

> My Blog - www.gmeltdown.com
> Keep on doing what you know is right ...

*Anthony W. Nderu*