[kictanet] invitation

David Makali dmakali at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 17:33:51 EAT 2011

dear listers,
i hope am not abusing this list. i thought i should interest members in a small
side 'event'.
there is an interesting round table discussion taking place tomorrow, tuesday,
Jan 25,  at the alliance francaise auditorium from noon to 2pm. it is the fourth
in the monthly series organised by the kenya editors' guild, school of
journalism, media institute and media focus on africa foundation. the subject of
this month's roundtable is "the media and the icc process". the panelists are
martha karua, isaac ruto, kwendo opanga and betty murungi.  it starts with
snacks in the balcony at 12 then moves inside.

the monthly series began last october and is all about interrogating the role of
the media in our society and how it is handling some of the vexed issues of the
day.

karibuni if you have time.  the next time we might look at whether the media are
helping the country achieve an information society and if they are propagating
the usage of ict on that score.

poleni for interrupting the important discussions.

and now as you were saying....
david

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live,
I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."
— Isaac Asimo, Columbian Author and Scientist

PO Box 3234
00200 Nairobi, Kenya
cell: +254 722 517 540