[kictanet] Yahoo IPv6 upgrade could shut out 1 million Internet users

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 10:52:15 EAT 2011

Liko, McTim et al.

It looks like I might be the first victim of my earlier predictions about the sluggish approach of African Networks not upgrading to IPv6...

        	        		~~~~story

								    														    	 	 	 	     By
      Carolyn Duffy Marsan, Network World
 January 19, 2011 10:22 AM ET

        Yahoo is forging ahead with a move to IPv6 on its main Web site by year-end despite worries that up to 1 million Internet users may be unable to access it initially.

Yahoo's massive engineering effort to support IPv6
-- the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications
protocol -- could at first shut out potential www.yahoo.com users due
to what the company and others call "IPv6 brokenness.''

IPv6 BROKENNESS BACKGROUND: Yahoo proposes "really ugly hack" to DNS  	To continue reading, register here
and become an Insider. You'll get free access to premium content from
CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, and Network World. See more Insider
content or sign in.

Yahoo is forging ahead with a move to IPv6 on its main Web site by year-end despite worries that up to 1 million Internet users may be unable to access it initially.

Yahoo's massive engineering effort to support IPv6
-- the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications
protocol -- could at first shut out potential www.yahoo.com users due
to what the company and others call "IPv6 brokenness.''

check the rest of the unfolding story at,

http://tinyurl.com/6z634ed

walu.