[kictanet] 4G Bombshell from Government

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 16:40:39 EAT 2011

Hi,

I would to begin by wishing you all the best this year in all facets of
your life's.

Those of us who where fortunate enough to attend the CIO-100 symposium late last
year might have heard the mouths of the mobile providers hit the ground when PS.
Ndemo mentioned that the government will be rolling out the 4G spectrum and will
make it open to all.

From the reaction of the providers it was clear that they did not have
the foggiest idea that it was forthcoming.  Now we can move forward to a level
playing field where your dominance is not dependent on the size of your wallet
but by what services and solutions you can offer.

In the same breath we need to support the government in making sure that SIGNET
is allowed to offer digital channels to all and sundry, the oligopolistic
behaviour of our mainstream media houses must not be allowed to stop progress.
 I am in the market for a digital channel to be able to provide relevant and
sensible programming (backed by PCK as soon as I am appointed PMG).

It is reassuring to see that when the government refers to super highways they
mean more than just the tar covered ones.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor