[kictanet] {Disarmed} Re: SA Digital TV standards row rages on

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Thu Jan 6 20:00:41 EAT 2011

Harry,
It took SA that long to realize they were making a mistake by going
against ITU recommendations.  They would have isolated themselves and made
the migration process for the country very expensive.

We worked with Prof. Kamau, University of Nairobi to come up with a local
prototype of the set top box.  We do not have a local investor yet.  If
anybody is interested, please let me know.

Regards

Ndemo.

> Thanks Lucy, excellent analysis.
>
> Kindest Regards
>
> Harry Hare
> Director
> eDevelopment House  : :  604 Limuru Road
> Old Muthaiga  : : P O Box 49475 00100
> Nairobi : : Kenya
> T +254 20 3741646/7 : :  C +254 725 650044
>
> Training :  : Research:  :Consultancy:  : Publishing
>
> From:  Lucy Kimani <LKIMANI at YAHOO.COM>
> Date:  Thu, 6 Jan 2011 04:31:32 -0800 (PST)
> To:  Harry Hare <harry at africanedevelopment.org>
> Cc:  KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
> Subject:  Re: [kictanet] SA Digital TV standards row rages on
>
> Harry,
>
> I like this comparision...
>
> http://dev.emcelettronica.com/digital-tv-standards-dvb-t-atsc-isdb-t
>
> Lucy

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.