[kictanet] Safaricom – A Modest Proposal (Was Re: Price Control in the Telecom Market in Kenya?)

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 23:23:00 EAT 2011

Reminds me of the move by certain banks in the late 90s - to focus on
HNW customers , raise minimun deposits to shed off low income
earners....the Equity happened and suddendly the banks see the long
tail end adds up to much afterall and sooon they are opening branches
at every other bus stop...

Good perspective.  To a certain extent this merits a review of the USF
and its use.

Thanks for sharing the link.

On 23/02/2011, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Steve Song is, as usual, on point in this article:
>
> http://manypossibilities.net/2011/02/safaricom-a-modest-proposal/
>
> Whiteafrican has just blogged about it as well.
>
> http://whiteafrican.com/2011/02/21/phone-and-internet-mesh-for-african-villages/
>
> I have been on the Village Telco dev list for a while, if anyone is
> interested, ping me offlist.
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
> route indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel

Francis Hook
+254 733 504561