[kictanet] On Access to ICCK Minutes - Universal Access Fund

warigia bowman warigia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 16:30:54 EAT 2011

what exactly is the percentage of financing going to the Fund? I know in
rwanda, and uganda is two percent

are we there yet?

is there transparency?

Have any of the funds been expended? If they have been expended, on what?

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Matunda Nyanchama <
mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com> wrote:

> - Can this be covered under "access to information"  'principle' in the
> recently passed constitution; my recollection, and correct me if I am wrong,
> is that parliament will enact a law on access to information and requirement
> for transparency for all government entities/agencies/commissions/etc etc. I
> presume this would cover ICCK
>
> - On telecom infrastructure financing, the Canadian model may be worth a
> study; every telco (actually customer as telcos pass this cost) has to
> contribute to this fund which is then used as an incentive (e.g. rebate, tax
> relief, etc.) for those telcos that invest in new infrastructure and/or
> operate in areas where telcom profitability is low. (NB: their debate on the
> matter was back in 1996 following deregulation.)
>
> Baadaye.

> Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
> Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com

> *
> Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they
> happen!
> Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com
>  *
> **
> "A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
> stops. On my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous

> This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain
> confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s).
> Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the
> message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.

Dr. Warigia Bowman
Visiting Assistant Professor
American University in Cairo
Global Affairs and Public Policy