[kictanet] Egypt & Tunisia - tipping points

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 18:13:04 EAT 2011

As we call for twitter and facebook organised demonstrations to force
governments out of office lets realise that this populations had reached a
tipping point, as they say "the straw that broke the camels back".

We therefore need to be careful about assuming that just having the tools that
were available to the civilians in Egpt and Tunisia are sufficient for a mass
uprising.

Using the same analogy in the ICT sector just having high speed internet and
accent neutral english speakers shall not cause a revolution in the outsourcing
arena.  The failures at attempting to replicate Silicon Valley are more than the
successes so lets find our own vehicle to leverage ICT.

Regards

PS.  Apology's for the error with my post on airtel and Zimbabwe it was Zambia
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200