[kictanet] Calling Rates - Airtel to de-list Celtel

Nancy Imunde nancyi at accesskenya.com
Fri Feb 18 12:47:16 EAT 2011

Yeah, 10cents dividend to be specific.

From: kictanet-bounces+nancyi=accesskenya.com at lists.kictanet.or.ke
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+nancyi=accesskenya.com at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On
Behalf Of Andrea Bohnstedt
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 10:20 AM
To: nancyi at accesskenya.com
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Calling Rates - Airtel to de-list Celtel

Not ICT related, but:

Zim has and had plenty of times for shares, and from way back when I was
still writing about it, I vaguely remember that many people actually put
their money in shares because interest rates were negative thanks to the
country's hyperinflation.

Here's a brief overview of the ZSE performance in the past two years. Not
fantastic, but by no means a basket case either:
http://www.africancapitalmarketsnews.com/836/whats-up-on-zimbabwe-stock-exch
ange/

Dollarisation had the interesting impact that it uncovered inefficiencies in
management, and also rendered a couple of company holdings done purely for
cash/forex management purposes ineffective, leading to some corporate
unbundling:
http://blog.imarainvestor.com/2009/12/dollarisation-and-case-for-unbundling.
html