[kictanet] Price Control in the Telecom Market in Kenya?

Athar Ahmad Bhatti atharab at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:47:00 EAT 2011

Dear Badru

Ethics in this case would be defined as how the have nots get access
to basic communication facilities to earn their daily bread.

My perspective is that the Internet is the best example of how amazing
revelution takes place when price controls are forgotten. Now several
industries have benefited through uncontrolled competition provided to
the development of the Internet. Secondly the last mile solution for
access to the global Internet window for most people is through cell
companies. Increase this cost and it will impair the recent
development the country is experiencing in the ICT front. I believe
policy makers should think of the wider and long term benefit rather
then current myopic schemes for the benefit of a few.