[kictanet] Day 4: Consitutions and Appointment of Commissioners to the Commission

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 11:08:57 EAT 2011

Nyaki,

plse update me. in the old act had defined a representative nature of the board/commissioners along the lines of someone from say Broadcast, Consumer, Technical, Legal, Govt Reps, etc.  Does this new bill take care of this?

I think more than WHO gets appointed, we need to redefine representative structure of the commissioners.  Otherwise you might get all the seven coming from a technical background (disaster ;-).

The other bit would be define limited terms for the commissioners (2terms), and possibly have parliament endorse the nominated Chairperson (even though the current stalement in parliament does not seem to support this view, but assume an american type of congress approval method here).

walu.