[kictanet] Day 2: The Establishment of Independent Commuincations Commission of Kenya

charles nduati charlesnduati2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 12:33:22 EAT 2011

hi listers,

I have just read this short draft bill and it appears to me all its doing is change the terms of commissioners appointment and its like there are now going to be full time and not clear to me how independent they will be from what they are now.

at the same time, it looks like the new Director general will be appointmented only by commissioners and doesn't say if it will be competitive and his/her security of tenure

finaly the draft bill refers to a minister and I suppose it should now refer to a cabinet secretary as per new constitution

those are my 3 cents

charles nduati