[kictanet] Is the Egypt Crisis an Opening for Kenya?s Nascent Outsourcing Industry?

Wamuyu Gatheru wamuyu at soko-id.co.ke
Mon Feb 14 18:47:09 EAT 2011

Whats interesting is that a predominately Arab speaking country gets
all that BPO work. Perhaps its the numbers that are on the net that
count e.g. they have 5 million on Facebook.

Egypt's reputation is now greatly boosted by the widely covered non
violent revolution. Also, it's the country that other Arab countries
look up to for culture, education (read IT) and other trends. So they
are likely to stabilise sooner rather than later.

Question is..what advancement will Kenya have had in the meantime?

--
Soko ID Co. Ltd
Tel: +254 (0)721 468699

Soko ID is an innovative company that supports public organisations
and promotes the Kenyan heritage on the internet.