[kictanet] Computer Donation

godera at skyweb.co.ke godera at skyweb.co.ke
Fri Feb 11 14:39:34 EAT 2011

Dear Listers,

There has been a great initiative by a young man called Daniel Ogola to give
young girls who have dropped out of secondary school due to childbirth a chance
to go back to school.
Last year, Daniel managed to get like-minded people to build and equip a
classroom to start one class of 40 inform one students ALL comprising of young
girls who had given birth in primary school and had dropped out of school.
The school has been approved by the Ministry of Education and is called Lifunga
Secondary School.
The girls have now moved on to form two after Daniel managed to develop another
classroom for them to move forward.
Now, a new in-take of another 40 such girls will be joining form one this month
while the rest of the 40 have proceeded to Form 2.
The young girls have gotten back their confidence and are really working hard to
turn around their lives.
You can only imagine how much this has impacted the 80 girls!

Listers, I am asking anyone out there who has a computer and a printer to donate
to this school so they can be typing out their termly examination papers
in-house so as to save some money from working from a bureau.
I am sure there is at least one person out there who can donate a computer and a
printer for this worthwhile cause.
If so, do confirm so online or contact me directly via my email and we can
discuss further.

Thanks.

Gilda