[kictanet] ICT incubator - Expressions of interest

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:00:29 EAT 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> We need to get serious about certain issues like wanting to keep things
> small and cute, WiPro runs a graduate academy that hosts over 18,000 people
> a year and only employ 1,200.  This is the level of engagement we need to
> aspire for not tiny little over funded projects.
> It is foolhardy to say that the iHub should be feed and blotted rather than
> expanded to serve and reach more.

I think their Infodev/UoN/eMobilis consortium developing an incubator
is their expansion attempt.  There is a notice in the Nation today
asking for applications to their program.

<snip>

> The iHub is a prototype keeping it under wraps is a  disservice to the
> Nation.
> From Liko's comments I know understand why he offered to give a presentation
> at AITEC in Nairobi in 2010 and the he did not show leaving many of us
> disappointed

You and i were supposed to be on a panel together there as well, but I
didn't see you.  Too bad, was hoping to finally meet up.

--
Cheers,

McTim