[kictanet] Food for Thought

Kipkemoi arap Kirui arapkirui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:30:22 EAT 2011

Ed,

Such great impact can only be driven by a good network of change agents. The
larger the number of citizens to go online on the cell phone the higher the
likelihood of a revolutionary movement emerging. It is impossible to
monitor, intercept or interfere with the communication system in place owing
to its connection to business and other critical human interactions. The
Egyptian switch-off could not have been sustained. Imagine Kenya switching
off mobile networks and paralyzing Mpesa, Mkesho etc? In a year or so,
paralyzing the mobile system for an hour will trigger an unprecedented
countrywide reaction. The political class should read the writing on the
wall...

arap Kirui