[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 3)

Lucy Kimani lkimani at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 02:27:02 EAT 2011

Harry,

Agreed and CDF could still be the tool it was intended if restructured to clearly articulate it's purpose as a poverty eradicating tool see Kangundo's CDF they are right on the money with majority of their projects going towards water projects, and we all know that is a major constraint but then they have funds going to schools too which though a worthy cause should be left for the GOK vis-vis Ministry of Education. I would venture to say a better use of their funds could be spent to take the water projects a step further say in irrigation projects... Just my thoughts and for sure none of us has a monopoly on ideas so think tanks focused on poverty alleviation could fill in the blanks.

Http://www.cdf.go.ke/projects/status/kangundo_project_status_2008_2009.htm

Sent from my iPad