[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 2)

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:49:42 EAT 2011

Mr. Kibati,

Much appreciation to the responses provided more specifically on adult
education.
I understand the efforts made by the government and other non-state
actors cannot go unnoticed. However, in order to demystify the
understanding of adult education, there is a need to harmonize it as
part of our blue prints so as to bring back its relevance since the
gradual decline in the 1980s.
The Kenya National Adult Literacy Survey, pointd out that about 7.8
millions Kenyans are illiterate, and there are various avenues which
have been identified to improve the sub-sector.
My only fear is how we shall rate ourselves in 2015 at the end of UN
Decade on Education for All.

Asante sana.

Regards,

Solomon