[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 2)

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:00:31 EAT 2011

Thanks Bwana Kibati for your well articulated responses. As you can see, your responses have raised further queries on energy from Brainiac and we look forward to your responses.

A great point you raise on the fact that changing our value systems must be a national collective effort if we are going to have social transformation. We can have all the infrastructure but if we do not have values, then there might not be much meaning to Kenyans.

Barrack, Solomon and Harry, you now have it from Mr. Kibati.

Harry, I do hope that you will take on the challenge to present the Vision 2030 secretariat with a concept on energy distribution. This will be a great outcome of this debate and I am sure Brainiac and other listers may want to join you.

Barrack, i think this is your opportunity to influence. Is it possible to suggest how Vision 2030 can influence national values using ICTs? Tusingojee serikali...:)

As we reflect on the responses, we also move on to Day 2.

The focus is on the three pillars of Vision 2030.  The vision is grounded on three  piilars and we will look at the first one which is the economic pillar.

The Economic pillar seeks to improve the prosperity of all regions of the country and all Kenyans by achieving Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate by 2012.  http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars

The Medium Term Plan (2008-2012 identifies six targetted priority sectors namely tourism, agriculture, wholesale and retail trade, manufacturing, IT enabled services and financial services.

 Over to you listers. Please feel free to still raise concerns on the vision or on Mr. Kibati's responses too.

Sasa basi wakilisheni!.

Rgds
Grace
If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!