[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 1)

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:09:43 EAT 2011

Dear Listers, Dear Mr. Mugo Kibati

I hope you all had a great Jamhuri weekend.

Today, we begin our four days debate on the Vision 2030: ICT and other sectors Converged with our guest Mr. Mugo Kibati, the CEO of Vision 2030.

 We will focus on the Vision and the Foundations.

The Vision: A national long-term development blue-print to create a globally competitive and prosperous nation with a high quality of life by 2030, that aims to transform Kenya into a newly industrializing, middle-income country providing a high quality of life to all its citizens by 2030 in a clean and secure environment.  http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/vision

One of the dreams of the Vision 2030 is '…a Kenya that is advanced in technology where other countries look up to us for technology solutions'.

For the Foundations of vision 2030 please refer to: http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars/index/macro_enablers

I hope as many on this list will actively participate. This is an opportunity for us to reflect and I guess be part of the future.

Karibu Bwana Kibati. It is our hope as Kictanet family, that you will also benefit from the comments and observations that will emerge out of this interraction.

Over to you listers.

Rgds
Grace