[kictanet] Commencement of the Vision 2030 Discussion - ICT & Other sectors with Mr. Mugo Kibati

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 21:09:48 EAT 2011

Dear Listers
Further to our earlier announcement about the Vision 2030 discussion, we can now confirm that Mr. Mugo Kibati will be available to field questions for four days starting Tuesday December 13 to Friday 16 December, 2011.
Considering that vision 2030 talks very little about ICTs, we will title the debate Vision 2030 Discussion - ICT & Other sectors (thanks to Harry Delano). The debate will be structured along the following themes: Day 1 Tuesday December 13, 2011
We will focus on the Vision and the Foundations of the vision 2030.
Vision: http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/vision  Foundations of vision 2030: http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars/index/macro_enablers
Day 2 Wednesday December 14, 2011
We will start looking at the the three pillars that underpin the vision. The first one will be the Economic pillar (tourism, agriculture, trade, Informed technology enabled services etc.)  http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars  Day 3 Thursday December 15, 2011
Social pillar (education, health, gender and youth, social development etc.  http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars/index/social  Day 4 Friday December 15, 2011
Political pillar (rule of law, electoral and political processes, transparency and accountability etc). http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars/index/political
Listers, there is also a special request to you that for the four days, we dedicate this list to the debate of Vision 2030. We could then resume/continue with other issues thereafter.
E-see you on Tuesday next week.
Enjoy Jamhuri weekend and have your questions ready on the vision and the foundations :)
RgdsGG

If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!