[kictanet] [Skunkworks] <OT> : No Electricity, No Fuel, No Cooking gas! I need my hot coffee or need some answers.....

Phares Kariuki pkariuki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:16:15 EAT 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM, <bkioko at bernsoft.com> wrote:

> Lizette,
>
> Am sorry but i have to disagree with you implying that all kenyan work is
> shody.
>
> There are kenyan companies and individuals doing a great job considering
> the resources at their disposal.
>
> Although its true there are people doing shoddy work in some cases, we
> cannot rubbish everyone.

Bernard,

I agree with you, the problem is that such companies are the exception,
rather than the norm... That's where the problem is.

Our transport system is a mess. Education, same thing. We lack a culture of
excellence.

It's OK to deliver a project late without any consequences. It's ok to get
to work late. It's OK to deliver projects late etc etc etc...

I was miffed over the weekend when a 'customer care' agent at a leading
telco had the gall to dismiss me as having a non issue, when I was unable
to make any calls.

Basically, in Kenya, you have to beg someone to give them money...
--
Warm Regards,

Phares Kaboro Kariuki