[kictanet] Congratulations to KENET

Peter Kenduiywo pkenduiywo at jambo.co.ke
Fri Dec 2 13:22:01 EAT 2011

Yes indeed Walu. KENET was the only entity exempted from the requirement
that Telkom could provide gateway services to only ISPs. Even subsidiaries
of Tellom did not qualify!!
Well done KENET.
PETER

On Friday, 2 December 2011, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> KENET has truly lived up to its mission of driving the integration of
ICTs in research, teaching and learning...Indeed and quite ironically, it
was KENET that brought the internet to MMU - then KCCT 12 years ago in
1998/1999.

> The irony is that KCCT was then part of Telkom  Kenya -  the internet
gateway monopoly. So in those days, if you wanted internet you had to
eventually deal with Telkom Kenya... but somehow it had to take KENET to
buy internet services from Telkom Kenya in order to provide the same to one
of its subsidiary!

> Universities have indeed come along way. Thanx to KENET.
>
> walu.

a beginning to greater heights if they are adequately supported by all
stakeholders for the benefit of our children - the
ultimate beneficiaries of  the network.
> John Kariuki
> ________________________________

(See
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate+News/-/539550/1282462/-/item/0/-/131fux9z/-/index.html
 )
> Their efforts have truly transformed our higher educational institutions.
I was fortunate to participate in an e-readiness survey of our universities
in 2006 and again in 2008, I can confirm that the change witnessed between
the period was phenomenal. This initiative ignited a demand for better ICT
facilities by students and staff at universities. I believe universities
communities are the largest Internet bandwidth consumers in the country now.

> Kudos too go to all the other institutions that have been recognized.
> Best
> --
> Regards,
>
> JM

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/ngethe.kariuki2007%40yahoo.co.uk

for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com