[kictanet] Congratulations to KENET

John Matogo jmatogo at strathmore.edu
Thu Dec 1 17:35:21 EAT 2011

Dear all,
Join me in congratulating the KENET team for topping the CIO 100 list. (See
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate+News/-/539550/1282462/-/item/0/-/131fux9z/-/index.html
 )
Their efforts have truly transformed our higher educational institutions. I
was fortunate to participate in an e-readiness survey of our universities
in 2006 and again in 2008, I can confirm that the change witnessed between
the period was phenomenal. This initiative ignited a demand for better ICT
facilities by students and staff at universities. I believe universities
communities are the largest Internet bandwidth consumers in the country now.

Kudos too go to all the other institutions that have been recognized.

Best

--
Regards,

JM