[kictanet] ICT Board Pashas and Digital Villages Coast

Warigia Bowman warigia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 22:10:27 EAT 2011

Hi all

According to my source documents there are three pashas on the coast.
I was on the coast visiting my husband's mother, and also celebrating
our 7th wedding anniversary. I managed to visit 1 of the three pashas.
I conducted a complete and interesting interview with the pasha owner,
and also visited his site, which was actually in Watamu, not Malindi.
Photos to follow.

Thanks to Kwame Shiroya and Victor Gathara for helping me run down the
pashas.

I did not visit any tier 2 centers, because I was with my children,
and finding the tier 2 centers can be a wild goose chase.

Pashas
1.Paul Onyango Owino, Akaloleni nector pasha center, Kilifi, Kaloleni,
Kaloleni
2. Walad Ahmed Walaad, Tasah Heel Shopping Center, Kilifi, Malindi,
Malindi, (Actually Watamu) (VISITED)
3. Eric wesonga simiyu, No name,  Mombasa, Likoni, Mombasa Town

Safaricom Tier 1
No centers

Safaricom Tier 2
Ngarua Transporters Mombasa, Malindi mombasa, Malindi
wel up logistics msa. migadini mombasa, changamwe

One thing that I learned is that Kilifi county is HUGE, and very poor.
Luckily, there has been enough rain lately, so people are not
starving, but they are living in deep rural conditions.

If anyone on this list lives on the coast, and wants to take a look at
the remaining pashas or DVs, let me know. warigia at gmail.com