[kictanet] Bitange for President? Reality

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:52:49 EAT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 14:58, Michael Ouma <benomnta at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just to react to this bit here, that "Data collected from the development
> of fish farming in Central Province County is that they will be the
> largest producers of fish by the year 2015 at which time the tri-citizenship
> fish in Lake Victory will either have been exhausted or the lake will have
> died from pollution. Then bwana president how will you deal with the issue
> of no fish in lake victoria come 2015, or shall we wait for famine and
> malnutrition to fester in the region so that we can then cry on national TV
> and hope it will resolve the issue?"
>
> Here's something I've found online, and which can be confirmed or refuted,
> depending on where one stands: "It has to be; fish from the lake is much
> tastier than fish from the farms/ponds. I guess the lake ones are exposed to
> a variety of foodstuffs and nutrients that a fish farmer cannot provide.
> plus the space within the lake is much larger, making them swim more and
> grow healthier (and heavier). This is just a hypothesis; on the taste though
> l am sure. You can straight away tell the difference. Nearest comparison l
> can think of is like kienyeji chicken vis-a-vis broilers!"

There is nothing impossible in this world, so Central Province County
(whatever Yawe meant) may one day become the leading fish producers in Kenya
once Lake Victoria dries up (not impossible), and the Luos go the Ogiek way
(near extinct!). Actually, what decimated the population of the Ogieks, if I
may ask??

PS: Ouma - fish is generally tasteless until you add some spices. Your
comparison will fail the test.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,