[kictanet] Bitange for President? Extended due to Public Demand

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Thu Aug 11 13:26:13 EAT 2011

Muraya,
I do not dispute anything about the role of church in Kenya's social development.  All I want is that we need to be open minded with respect to religious matters.  I happen to be on the line of fire when people complain about the religious content we receive through electronic media.

We actually need to conduct studies on morality and religion in our country.  I cannot explain how rampant corruption can exists in a country with 90% religious people.  My own hypothesis is that there is no correlation between religion and morality in Kenya.  It is pointless to claim that we are religious and then we steal maize that is meant for the hungry.  We were not able to turn the other cheek in 2007 and 2008 as is expected of religious people.

We must openly discuss this and avoid hiding behind religious fundermentalism.  There is nothing wrong being open minded.  This is what freedom of speech means.  Please do not dismiss the amount of money collected per week from religious organizations.  Find out.  Because if we do agree on this, the resource is a good start for social enterpreneuship by the Church.  We can all help reduce poverty which indeed will please God.

Regards

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®