[kictanet] Bitange for President? Extended due to Public Demand

william janak williamjanak at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 10:06:04 EAT 2011

Very interesting GG.

The extension is welcome.

The issue of churches is very interesting. A journalist friend of mine nearly lost his job in the 1990s when he wrote a feature story on how the clergy were "Crusading their way to riches". At the time, this phenomenon of open preaching and soliciting for donations in such forums was just gathering momentum. The crusaders would take out adverts in the papers, especially the standard, to advertise their crusades. The were outraged by the article and sent a delegation to the management of the Standard.

Certainly, ther is need for scrutiny and accountability within the religious sector.

Oloo Janak.