[kictanet] Bitange for President? Extended due to Public Demand

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Thu Aug 11 05:32:50 EAT 2011

Muraya,
There is an African proverb that goes like "if you take cows to a river and they happen to have stepped in the river, the assumption is that all cows have taken water".  Similarly since most churched do not file audited accounts, the assumption is that all of then do not usually do.

Kenyans are suffering in the hands of some churches.  If you want to get to my conclusion please sit and watch TV on sunday morning or any evening on digital TV.  We must have some sort of regulation.  We receive many compaints of many extortions in some of the newer churches.  It is a crisis and someone must stand up to help citizens.  Why do we rein in on pyramid groups and leave similar extortions in broad daylight.

I must say here that the calm in traditional churches is in some cases due to laid down rules that have been there for centuries.  But even them they are bleading.  I have been to different churches throughout the country but I never missed to hear caution from priests and pastors whenever there are collections.  This is because politics has been entrenched in the church.  For posterity and to have respectable leadership in the Church, we must separate Church and State.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®