[kictanet] Digital Villages Trip Machakos Wednesday, August 10, 2011

warigia bowman warigia at aucegypt.edu
Wed Aug 10 22:02:01 EAT 2011

Dear Listers

We had an incredibly successful digital village trip.

We visited a pasha in mbumbuni.

We visited five other digital villages in athi river, machakos, masii, and
wote town.

MOST IMPORTANTLY--

We brought 10 packets of Uji, 14 bags of Ugali flour, 9 containers of oil,
and one container of beans to Wote Town. The counselor, Joseph Musau and the
chief of wote took us to three very needy families. One family, the father
was in a wheelchair. In another family, the grandmother was blind in one
eye, there were eight children (including a newborn) and no father, and the
family had not eaten in two days. The newborn was named *Neema. *

We were able to bring enough food to feed these three families for nearly a
week each. We presented the food directly to the families.

There is not a problem with food production in Kenya. There is a problem
with distribution. There is not a problem of good will in Kenya. There is a
problem of political leadership.

Back to ICTs, we are really hoping that others in the Kictanet community
will take up the guantlet, and help us finish our national audit of digital
villages and pashas.

Regards, Rigia