[kictanet] Bitange for President?DrivingKnowledgeEconomy?OnlineInterviewwith PS Ndemo

aki aki275 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:19:56 EAT 2011

Dr Ndemo,

This commodities exchange is the first thing I looked at last week just
before taking the dive to research into agricultural engineering so as to
try and bridge the gap between ICT and the agriculture sector. There is much
to be done in both sectors and if any Kenyan developer company does not take
it up in due course, I'll can definately have a look at later. I'm surprised
that locally we have not published any papers by agricultural engineers,
therefore it meant that I have to join external societies that have
established the sector quite well.

And if anyone on this list needs an ICT guidance input to help them achieve
their goals, please know that some of us are available online to try and
 guide you if it helps. The end game is that Kenya will benefit from such
and could be the beginning of what we want to see in the future.

This call is to all kenyan developers/companies : To all those already years
ahead of me on the development platforms, there is much that needs to be
done, please stop wasting precious development skills and time on things
that do not have national or regional impacts. So far none of the local
developed apps have been able to do anything to achieve any goals on whether
famine awareness nor even help farmers. Try and get involved in national
development as side projects, hopefully the payoffs will be there in future.

Thank you.

Rgds.