[kictanet] Funding opportunity for citizen journalists in Africa

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Wed Aug 10 01:35:31 EAT 2011

Listers working  in new media and citizen journalism, will find this interesting.
 Best
Alice
_____________________________

Begin forwarded message:

Are you a citizen journalist? Are you looking for funding opportunities to support your work? Then all of us at Google and Ashoka Changemakers want to hear from you!

My name is Erin, and I am working with the wonderful people of Africa to help you win money to support your idea for how to innovate citizen media. We recently launched an online competition supported by Google, and  the top four entries will each win a US $5,000 prize. Top entries will also be considered for an Ashoka Fellowship—complete with a three-year living stipend, international recognition, and access to a network of systems-changing social entrepreneurs.

The final deadline for entries is September 14th.Learn more at the competition page here:

http://bit.ly/q4MEVsMy job is to help you win some money for your outstanding work, so please reach out if I may be of assistance. All my contact info is below if you have questions.

Best,

Erin

Erin WeedCommunity Team