[kictanet] Bitange for President?DrivingKnowledgeEconomy?OnlineInterviewwith PS Ndemo

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Aug 9 19:37:51 EAT 2011

Esther,
We need to develop a commodities exchange platform.  This way at least
both the Media and other Kenyans can see that we have food and we need not
buy from outside only to create a glut.  This is business and lots of
money.  Any entrepreneur out there?

Regards

Ndemo.

> Yesterday I was blessed to meet with another passionate PS who seemed to
> talk from the same script with our PS 'President'. While he is very happy
> at
> the way Kenyans have responded to the current hunger crisis, he is pained
> by
> the amount of food rotting in some parts of Kenya - yet no effort is being
> made to buy these from the hard-working farmers. By result is the farmer
> remains poor, and we continue buying food from across borders.
>
> Do we have to flag off a truck full of food from Nairobi, when we can
> transport the same (or a good mix) from a location like Kitale where we
> have
> lots of maize? How can we utilize ICTs to connect farmers to markets,
> including reliable/affordable transporters? I am aware of a regional
> trading
> platform that was funded by USAID to help reduce food insecurity in the
> region. Can we have a similar one in Kenya that will help our farmers
> access
> markets? My prayer/wish is that the 'Kenyans for Kenya' money can be used
> buy food from the hardworking farmers.

>>> transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we