[kictanet] IT posts for full circle

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Mon Aug 8 11:26:24 EAT 2011

Indeed Barrack, that was on a light note, but the truth of the matter is
that job specifications within ICT are highly dynamic even from a
historical perspective. To keep relevant, practitioners need to pay keen
attention to Continuous Professional Development. Right now with the
advent of Cloud Computing it is even doubtful whether KQ and other
organizations will in future need an IT department let alone a CIO/IT
Director. IT Practioners need to be ready to relocate to (or start)
companies running managed IT services. With Konza and other initiatives
coming up these companies can be located there. In user organizations
there will soon be no hardware/software to manage because of IaaS/SaaS.

Waudo