[kictanet] Bitange for President? Driving Knowledge Economy?OnlineInterview with PS Ndemo

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Fri Aug 5 12:19:31 EAT 2011

David,
Let us discard the current models of projecting energy needs.  This is because of several exogeneous variables that are not taken into consideration.

For example, tier 4 data center energy requirement is 50 MW.  We are bulding more than 10 in the next few years.  Some three years ago I said we needed double current capacity then but my request was dismissed as a dream.  By 2015 we need at lest 5,000 MW if we implement the industrialization plan.

For serious investors to consider Kenya as an investment destination, we must be having at least 50% excess capacity.  You have seen what happens when we operate at less than 10% excess capacity.

These are facts.  We must get down to seriously addressing this problem.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®