[kictanet] Bitange for President? Driving Knowledge Economy? OnlineInterview with PS Ndemo

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:05:16 EAT 2011

Dr. Ndemo,

My questions are still unanswered.
I did not want to limit my points on the pointed out themes, thus they
circled aroud:
1. Since most of these projects would require money, how can we bring
The Treasury PS on board? I've noticed the Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta uses
social media to highlight the various issues the government is doing,
notably ESP and recently the budgetaary process. Further to this, can
other line PSs be brought on board since the issues you've mentioned
are cutting across the ministries?
2. The Medium Term Plan(2008-2012) of the Vision 2030 is on course,
can there be a way in which we can know what has been achieved,
stalled or is on course (apart from the expansion of Thika Road)?
Perhaps we can be able to borrow a thing or two on how to work around
the three pillars (Social, Economic and Political). In addition to
this, how can the National Economic and Social Council (NESC) and
Vision 2030 secretariats can also be aboard, to spell their aspects on
the points you've highlighted?
3. I think it's practically when we engage with accounting officers
(PSs) in various ministry to share ideas because this is necessary for
taking sustainable human development.

Asante.