[kictanet] Defacement of another government site

Paul Roy roykoikai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:53:42 EAT 2011

This is horrible...security chaps lets volunteer and save our beloved govt
face... am ready for free consulting on securing these sites

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Gichuki John Chuksjonia <
chuksjonia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even right now its still defaced.
>
> Someone send me a list of all go.ke sites to jgichuki at inbox dot
> com. I will do a free health check for the sites as soon as i am free.
>
> Also i may need names of the guys incharge of these boxes.
>

> ./Chucks
>
> On 4/28/11, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 13:39, Dennis Kioko <dmbuvi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> see http://www.nationaldisaster.go.ke/: With the planned Cyber
> Emergency
> >> Response Team
> >> (CERT)<
> http://www.cio.co.ke/Main-Stories/connected-kenya-citizens-to-enjoy-better-service-delivery.html
> >should
> >> help the government deal with such repeat violators of our cyber
> >> space. eGovernment and ICT Board should also help government and its
> >> agencies come up with platforms that are secure and regularly updated.
> As
> >> we
> >> digitize our systems, we do not want other countries snooping on our
> >> data without our knowledge.
> >>

> > At this rate, it would appear that contracts to develop and host
> websitess
> > are awarded with complete disregard for security in the whole process.
> > Anyway, it's fine to have disaster at nationaldisaster.go.ke - even the
> > domain name doesn't make sense!
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> > Nairobi,KE
> > +254733744121/+254722743223
> > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> > I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler.
> > Please consider the environment before printing this email.

> Gichuki John Ndirangu, C.E.H , C.P.T.P, O.S.C.P
> I.T Security Analyst and Penetration Tester
> jgichuki at inbox d0t com
>
> {FORUM}http://lists.my.co.ke/pipermail/security/
> http://chuksjonia.blogspot.com/

"Change is slow and gradual. It requires hardwork, a bit of
luck, a fair amount of self-sacrifice and a lot of patience."

Roy.