[kictanet] Poghisio Flouting The Law in The CCK Tussle-by DMakali

Gitau Andrew gitauandrew at ymail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:43:21 EAT 2011

>no one has really said what the DG did wrong in the first place ....

The issue here is that the DG's contract expires in July 2011. He is  required
to submit a renewal request to the board. According to  Government circular/s
the board is then required to review his  performance before granting renewal or
refusal. And if the board does  not recommend renewal, the circular directs that
the DG must be asked to  proceed on terminal leave to allow for open recruitment
process to  begin.

In this case, the board evaluated and the DG did not make the cut off  point
that was set. He was meant to have been sent on terminal leave  to  allow the
broad to advertise for the position publicly.

So its not so much about what the DG did wrong or right.

Gitau

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/kaykerubo%40gmail.com