[kictanet] Cyber Schooling

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 09:33:13 EAT 2011

Hi,

Have a new truly broadband link courtesy of Safaricom Business which allows me
to watch streaming video with minimal stoppages, if this can be achieved with
the stream travelling thousands of kilometres imagine the performance if the
content was local.

That was an aside, the post is on the growth of cyber schooling in the US today,
the reasons for this might be peculiar but as Kenyans we should be able to adopt
the concept to meet our unique situation.  This can solve the issue of over
crowding in our public schools as class rooms can be setup anywhere such as DVs,
post offices, CDF offices and governors mansions.

The issue of shortage in teaching personnel can also be resolved with this
application of technology by having student teachers and university students
participate as tutorial assistants without having to leave campus.

Dr. Ndemo, I believe this is a killer project for the 4G network that you are
about to roll out, can we hack it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42535801#42535801
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd