[kictanet] EMS Services - The Lethargy (Final Update)

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:14:10 EAT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 15:22, Francis Hook <francis.hook at gmail.com> wrote:

> After a recent experience where it took UPS 28 days (after arrival of the
> shipment) to deliver, I would not touch them with a 20 yard pole.   FYI UPS
> are not locally registered -  SDV Transami/Bollore are their contractors.
> And even though it is a gift item, please be sure to enquire about customs
> procedures at the destination prior to sending so you can know whether to
> settle those charges on this side.

Francis,

Was this delivery being done here in KE or outside KE?

I understand that SDV Transami are the contractors and I even had a chat
with them, which was not interesting at the start because I was told I
called the MD's number, even though that is what is published on the web.

I wonder how we'll move forward. Every now and then, you hear the Postmaster
General is overseas, attending a conference, but nothing changes in his
organization.
So what are these conferences for? Can't he borrow a leaf fro, say, British
Postal Services? Or any other?
Reminds me of one annoying thing in Nairobi - the Street/Building numbering.
Couldn't they copy even just from DRC, if not London, where I heard the NCC
Team visited to see how it is done? It's so awfully done in NBI.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,