[kictanet] The Unfortunate Drama at CCK over DG's Fate: Your Take?

Stephen Mutoro stephen at cofek.co.ke
Thu Apr 7 14:32:22 EAT 2011

Dear all,

Good afternoon. May I seek your kind indulgence to divert your attention
from the very nice exchanges on this forum so far. I am sure most of you
subscribed to 411 and 6667 have by now received this SMS message "Government
overturns decision by Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK) Chairman
Philip Okundi to sack Director General Charles Njoroge. Minister Samuel
Poghisio says his contract to be renewed".

The issue of governance at any institution especially CCK is critical. Let
us not gloss and keep mum over it. Of course our position is public
knowledge. We have always long sided with the Board decision before they
even firmed up the same. The Minister has disregarded his Board's advice,
however biased they may have been. He cannot fire the Chairman as he is
appointed by the Chairman.

By the way, I must insist that this is not anything personal with my good
friend Eng. Njoroge but we feel it is time he gracefully left the CCK
renewal of contract notwithstanding. Kindly be polite even if you sharply
disagree with our position. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen Mutoro

Secretary General

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK)

Natu Court, Block F-45

Ngong Road/Ring Rd Kilimani Junction

P.O Box 2733-00200, City Square, NAIROBI, Kenya

Tel. 254-20-3861718, 3861719, 2300859

Fax. 254-20-3861719

Cellphones: 0715555550, 0736965590, 0770700007

E-mail:  <mailto:hotline at cofek.co.ke> hotline at cofek.co.ke

Website:  <http://www.cofek.co.ke/> www.cofek.co.ke

Restoring Consumer Pride and Confidence!