[kictanet] Wireless, a high or low density solution

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 15:02:19 EAT 2010

Hi,

We have an infrastructure already existing beneath the city that was put up
using tax payers funds which would mean it was not sold to Orange, see attached
image.

This ducting which still exists and what is required is for it to be handed over
to CCK to manage thus allowing a new entrant to lay fibre in the fasted way
possible without needing to dig up half the city.

It is not for the consumers to pay the ISPs for making uneconomical decisions
when laying their fibre cable,  if this was done we can role out a fibre optic
metro network, including areas like Buru Buru, Eastleigh and South C/B within 3
months.

Peculiar Kenyans, we know the problem, we know the solution but we refuse to
implement.

So Liko, join me in the fight to wrestle this infrastructure that the tax payer
paid for from the East Africa Post & Telecommunications/Kenya Posts and
Telecommunications/Telkom Kenya.  It was done in the US with MaBell
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_System) which was split up.

If Dr. Ndemo is truthful about not handing over NoFbi to Orange, then lets make
sure that he cuts out the existing underground ducting from its control.  Most
of the copper in those ducts is redundant as Telkom installed an SDH fibre ring
to interconnect its exchanges.

The writing is on the wall, any policy fellows out there who can guide us on how
to effect to takeover?

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor