[kictanet] The big Kwaheri: reflecting on 10 years on the MJ 10yr safari and his-tory - day 6 of 10

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Fri Oct 15 20:43:39 EAT 2010

Listers

I like the spirit and the balanced issue based discussion  which continues with  an underlying theme of how MJ acted on prevailing  environment or  as Gilda posited on day 2 that – ‘he was smart enough to take advantage of the situation during his tenure’ ... to create the results we see

We all have one common resource  which is an equalisation factor – time . MJ has 24 hrs in a day like you and me ( Kanja suggested that MJ works for 10 hrs!!). Within those 24 hrs I have seen him respond to my  emails within 2 hrs. That of course must be one among many other emails he answered, letters he read, calls he answered or originated, people he talked to etc. Of course there must be many people wanting his time  - customers, government , suppliers, friends, great upcoming events like Classical music etc. Could the management of this resource be the defining factor?  What formula did he use? Can we port the formula to other budding CEOs with similar results? Any lessons for others?

In short when you last saw his  diary even an old one, how did it look it.......?

cheers

Muriuki Mureithi